Monday 7 November 2011

A recent trip to Hong Kong found me at 2000 ft about to attempt a landing in the middle of a Typhoon. As we approached the runway our pilot changed his mind and we ascended back through the turbulent skies to an altitude with less than tranquil air. Apparently, while searching for airports within range that were unaffected by the storm, the conditions had improved on the ground. As we came into land I decided we'd been lied too as the whitecaps were creating violent ocean spray that danced across the tumultuous surface of the sea's. After a lot of throwing up going on around me a smirk of confidence emblazened my face as i started to realise this was not my time to die. We landed and I began my journey. Unknowingly affected by the experience.


The images I captured in Hong kong this time were very much about a mood that had set upon me, a mood that may well have began in those bumpy skies, unlocking something introspective and sullen. There's a calm in that madness and it's hidden amongst the lights that dazzle and dismay, ignite and excite only to slowly fade away with the rising sun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment