Wednesday 2 November 2011

Using & Losing Control of Light

Studio Photography was never something I aspired too. It seemed contrived and lacking in spontaneity and too methodical for my overactive brain. Then I tried it and I've loved it ever since. It opened up a whole new avenue of finding and defining a moment, one in which you can assume a certain amount of control but still need to feel the environment to capture something beyond what is on the surface of the situtation.


Over the past few weeks I have been playing around with lights and natural light trying to find  the look I wanted for a shoot I was booked to do. This is illustrates the diverse nature of lighting, editing and intuition I needed to develop in order to get to where i wanted to be. Or where I wanted the clients images to be. It was a lot of fun and thanks to the models that partook in the journey, the spoils of which will be on this very blog, very soon.

































0 comments:

Post a Comment