Sunday 8 July 2012

An Ubud Story

A trip can lead you anywhere and an adventure can teach you everything there is to know about life, Rain, clouds and lost keys or any other hindrance can open roads to hidden treasures along your path. Expect nothing and you'll never be disappointed Be open to rapid change and you'll be ready to write your own tale.


Along this particular photography expedition to capture images for a preconceived project, I hit inclement weather at every turn, I paused in a lost cafe, far from the streets of Paris but basted in its bohemian luxury and style, warming my shivering self with a wild mushroom soup fit for a kings luncheon. Perplexed by uninspiring conditions I made path by following the frames in my viewfinder. Stumbling on a musical delight, a mere ring in the chain of events that would unfurl, not all captured here. Some things we save for ourselves. 
A chance meeting with a curiously interesting and vibrant family. A daughter then a father, artists in being, inescapably personified and their palpable spirit attracted a myriad of co conspirators and led us along the links to the last dance of the night, mine anyway. And here the mothers voice rang true with rock and roll and a pitch of healthy fever was reached in those within the circle of sound..... What followed was what lead, joy, experience and relinquishing the restrictions we impose on ourselves.
Ubud, you surprised me, tricked me and blessed me with memory, only to deliver me home safely when you'd shown me something real. 


































0 comments:

Post a Comment