Friday 29 July 2011

Hindu Paparazzi

It's incredible what goes on in Bali unbeknownst to the masses, the intricate and the strange idiosyncrasies of Hindu Life playing out automatically on those auspicious days when the necessary becomes a reality in order to incite harmony on the island.

So along with my Duties to participate in the ceremonies of my Banjar I took my camera and my offerings to a temple where you cannot use any open flames and therefor incense, kept my flash off just in case and got up close and personal with the process of this unique ceremony. The dance of the Mangku's the running of the spear and the heavy presence of the various deities revealing themselves through the chosen few and their adornments, piqued my interest and elevated my spiritual self into a tangible sense of expereince. experience of the Niskala, the unseen.







0 comments:

Post a Comment